Founders AMA - Thanksgiving Day
Hello IVY BOYS & IVY GIRLS! Thank you to everyone who tuned into our Founders AMA on Thanksgiving day! We are just past the halfway mark of our first year here at BBRC. We will be hosting a 1-2 times monthly recurring Founders AMA series to continue to align our IVY community with our vision moving forward as well as share exciting developments to come. Here’s a quick recap to those of you who may have missed it!
SUMMARY OF EVENTS
1. Varsity Jacket Claim. We’re happy to say we’re on track for a January production timeline and we’re excited for you all to receive all 6 styles!
2. IRL IVY UNIVERSE: To The Moon party at Marquee Singapore. We set the stage for one of the biggest sold out NFT events of the year in Asia! We’re extremely proud of our Web2 design team for developing an entire IVY Collection in less than a month to showcase on our Fashion Runway. The result was a proof-of-concept and establishing ourselves as a serious marquee Web3 multi-media lifestyle & fashion brand not only to our holders and community, but also to new partners, investors, and VCs.
BBRC IVY BOYS - TO THE MOON Gallery
3. IVY PETS Launch. Wen IVY PETS? You asked and we listened with the launch of Aaron Chang’s new Season 2 collection of IVY BEARS, CATS, and DOGS! We’ve been loving all the creativity, rivalry and engagement from our community in the last couple weeks, especially our 1/1 HeeDong reveals and IVY PETS Faction War battles.
Many of you have asked why we decided to mint the unclaimed IVY PETS into the company wallet, and the answer is that IVY PETS has always intended to be fun and engaging for our community as a free mint. It has been a great success and asset for us to market IVY BOYS outside of our community. It also provided great insight that a high percentage of our community is still invested and interested in what's next, and we’re pleased to see the low percentage (3%) listed thus far. Minting the rest will most importantly give us the flexibility and control to continue to utilize IVY PETS as a marketing asset to push IVY BOYS to the next level.
Wen Dandy Baby?
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS WEEK
1. P3TX Serum. Continuation of Season 2. The final snapshot was taken, and the Serum was airdropped during the AMA! Trunk 2’s have also automatically revealed into your P3TX Serums as well!
2. SUPER PETS. We’ll be launching our IVY Science Laboratory today where you will be able to use 1 or 5 P3TX Serums to evolve or “Supe” up your IVY PETS into both SUPER or MEGA IVY PETS. Not all traits are equal, so choose wisely which pets to evolve to MEGA! Hint: Look for skateboards, fish balls, matches, IVY Trunks.
3. IVY ATHLETICS. Let the games begin! IVY ATHLETICS launches end of this week! - Each IVY BOY, IVY PETS and SUPER PETS NFT can be passively staked (gasless and NFT does not leave your wallet) for entries to compete with one another. You’ll be automatically entered to compete for a draw of amazing bi-weekly prizes we’ll be announcing later this week. This is a way for us to continue to reward our holders as we continue to build the IVY Universe!
Please see our IVY BOYS Season 2 Announcement Page for more information on all things IVY PETS, P3TX Serum, SUPER PETS, and IVY ATHLETICS. https://bbrc.io/blogs/news/ivy-boys-season-2-announcement
FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS & Q/As
1. IVY BOYS Vision. There have been a number of questions on the clarity of the vision and direction of IVY BOYS. It’s WORLD DOMINATION. But more seriously - The focus has always been singular on achieving high growth and sustainability with generating revenue models and mass adoption outside of our IVY community. How do we go from idea, to execution, to becoming a Multi-Media Giant the likes of Disney and Sanrio in a short timeline? And to do that we’re very much focused on branding, driving product, and developing valuable IP that is attractive and easily consumed by the general public outside of our community.
The roadmap has always been clear, and we’ve delivered on every point that was promised this year and more. We are extremely proud of our IVY holders, who are our staunchest supporters from the beginning and have the purest love not only for Aaron Chang’s art, but also for the community camaraderie, the fashion, the lifestyle, the innovative technology, and everything else to come. Whether we like it or not, Web2 is migrating to Web3, and IVY BOYS is bee-lining to build something serious, mainstream, and innovative to set the stage to inspire those who will follow. We’re excited you’re here with us, and we look forward to dominating the future with you side by side.
So IVY BOYS, IVY PETS, SUPER PETS, IVY ATHLETICS, Varsity Jackets, Fashion Runways, Phygitals, Aaron’s artwork & IP Portfolio, HeeDong, etc; This is all headed to a singular central direction like the Avengers assembling when it all finally make sense. There’s a much bigger long term dream beyond this that we’re looking to make a reality, so let’s take a look at what’s immediate that we’ve been working on so far;
2. New Team Additions + Advisors. We’re adding two new heavy hitters to the BBRC - IVY BOYS team! We have tech veterans Wui Ngiap Foo, CEO of Ethlas and former Head of Tech at Grab, and Ari Medivsky, former Google exec, joining our advisory board to support and globally scale our Web3 technology solutions efforts and entertainment ecosystem. We’ll be making further announcements and press releases further down. BBRC is growing and we are continually adding on additional developers, artists, designers, moderators, and coordinators in the coming weeks!
3. PHYGITALS + Fashion Capsules: BBRC Japan, BBRC USA, BBRC International. Physical backed tokens (PBTs) are the natural next step in our evolution. Our intentions have always been to create heirloom pieces that last the test of time. How great would it be to trace the history and ownership of something 10-20 years from now, and to know where it’s made and sourced? Storytelling is an important component of what it means to be an IVY BOYS holder, and we’ll continue to push the envelope on innovating, improving, and implementing Web3 technologies to revolutionize how we live.
We’ve been very thoughtful on our releases, what future collections we will launch in the coming months on our upcoming merch marketplace, and where they will be sourced and produced. We’re happy to announce that we’ve partnered with a design team in Japan to produce our first fashion capsule that we look to launch in the beginning of 2023, followed by a capsule collection designed and produced by our team in Los Angeles, and the release of our BBRC collection. These will be recurring capsules we will launch and release on a recurring basis. We look to share some alpha in the next AMA!
4. Ethlas. With Wei Foo joining the team means we’ll be joining forces with Ethlas to chart the scalable future of our IVY BOYS IP and propel ourselves in the future of entertainment. Ethlas will enable us to innovate in immersive digital brand experiences in the IVY Universe, and build upon loveable IVY BOYS characters and endearing storylines. We’re looking to develop omnichannel brand activations and Disney-like gamified experiences through digital merchandise, gaming experiences, and portable reward systems that are all backed by Ethlas’ powerful platform. Imagine an IVY BOYS gaming platform with the potential to reach and serve millions of users. We’re excited to keep you updated on those developments.
5. Candee Labs. We weren’t kidding when we said we’re looking to scale our IP. We’re also partnering with entertainment veterans and producers Candee Labs to help develop television and animation series based around the IVY BOYS caricatures. Their backing comes with a vertically integrated production and entertainment studio specializing in storytelling and community experiences, with a few Netflix shows under their belt. You may just see a mini-series on some IVY BOYS mini-celebrities pretty soon!
6. Mighty Jaxx. If that’s not enough for you, we’re also partnering with Mighty Jaxx, an award-winning future culture company that designs and manufactures toy collectibles. Phygitals are our next step, and converting your collectible art into physical collectibles is the next natural progression. We’ll be developing a collection of IVY BOYS and HeeDong phygital collectibles in the coming future.
7. HeeDong & Comic-Con. We’ve communicated for some time now that HeeDong by Aaron Chang is Project #2 for BBRC, and we are finally ramping up our marketing efforts as we move closer to launch. HeeDong will be a smaller collection, and IVY BOYS holders will have priority access to mint. HeeDong will have a new additional team that will spearhead pre-mint and marketing efforts. We're happy to announce that we'll be part of the upcoming Comic-Con in Singapore where we'll be debuting HeeDong for the first time in public in the form a Golden Skateboard HeeDong. Stay tuned for details!
There are some misinterpretations and concerns from the community with regards to launching HeeDong in the coming months. We aren’t concerned with IVY PETS conflicting with HeeDong, as there will be a different strategy for mint and for the project itself. For some time now we’ve generated a ton of interest in new potential partnerships and strategic investments surrounding the HeeDong IP specifically that tie into how we grow BBRC, and ultimately be part of the greater portfolio for all IVY BOYS holders. We felt this was the right time to launch HeeDong as a new property, and what made the most sense in anchoring a clear vision moving forward for BBRC.
We do want to remind everyone that IVY BOYS will always be our Genesis. There is no shift in vision or direction, nor shift in focus or strategy away from IVY BOYS. IVY BOYS will always hold the keys and drive what BBRC is about. HeeDong is our next project, so naturally it is in our interest to generate as much exposure and hype around him as much as possible. We’re looking to bring in new resources, new staff, new faces, new holders, new partnerships that will synergize with how we build out the IVY UNIVERSE. This is our foundation to laying out our seeds - in IP, Fashion, Merch, Food, Entertainment, Hospitality, and much more. IVY BOYS is still the focus here in BBRC, and how we always intended to increase your value.
We’re all in one ride together, and HeeDong has always been sitting beside you all this time. He never left you, and you would not leave him.
8. THE IVY LEAGUE. With all that has been said, IVY LEAGUE holders will all get airdropped HeeDong NFTs (Legends get 5 and Captains get 2)! We're also excited to say that the first IVL merch capsule collection will be dropping next month as well, we're aiming to ship to arrive by Christmas. There is some concerns regarding the end of the vesting period for our IVY League passes. In our observations, the IVY LEAGUE is full of our most staunchest supporters, and the IVL pass was our way to identify and reward our biggest & most loyal holders and partners who have been with us from the beginning. You have all played a part in the making of our success of our community, and you should all be proud of that. We certainly are and will continue to ensure our most loyal supporters are heard and taken care of.
9. Continental Coin. The BBRC Continental Coin has not been abandoned and has always been intended for a Whitelist Marketplace. We’ve been experiencing some delays with a third party developer who we did not feel met our standards for the marketplace. With the combination of free mints meta, we did not want to rush the process and are instead moving the development back in house with our own developers to build something more comprehensive and valuable to our holders.
10. Community Events + Suggestions. We love to see how dedicated and loyal our community is and we always encourage the initiative on hosting community led events. Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwanese have few upcoming community-led events, and one of our IVL Legends, MaltBiscuit, is taking the lead in organizing a whole speaker series for THE IVY LEAGUE starting with Mr. Gentle Ape. We would love to extend our official support in whichever manner possible. We want to hear your creative ideas and suggestions on what we can do to improve, future events, merch and fashion ideas, etc. Founders are always accessible on Discord but we’ll see about how we can simplify the process further on implementing a suggestions box.